Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The contractions have started. . .

Our agency just called to advise us that we are getting "the call" with the next week or so. We are tentatively traveling early to mid August. They have given us our instructions so they can get our visas and our consulate appointments once we receive our notice. Once we formally accept our little Mia, they notify the proper authorities in China and the travel dates will be confirmed. The next call is the big one! They will tell us about her age, weight, health, height and which province of China she is from. I can't wait to find out all the little details. I called Mike after I received the first call (he was fishing with my dad) and I told him my water broke. He said "what happened to your water?".

I cannot believe that the time has arrived and Mike and I will be parents soon. Being a mom has always been a dream of mine and I can't wait. I can only imagine the feelings I will have when she is finally placed in our arms or when she says mommy and daddy for the first time.

No comments: