Thursday, July 06, 2006

What an emotional week Mike and I have had. I did not expect the call when it came. Norman (our agencies director) called Monday evening, I was home already and was getting dinner ready. I was on pins and needles all day and saw that others were getting their calls and when the call didn't come I said "Oh well, we'll get the call tomorrow". He totally caught me off guard and I was on my cell phone with my friend Grace when my phone rang and I saw the caller ID. Poor Grace, I dropped the phone and started screaming, "Grace its THE call" I think I just put my cell phone down and everything else is a big blur. Mike was not home, so as soon as I hung up with Norman I called his cell. What a wave of emotions from a phone call. The next day Mia's paperwork arrived at my work and believe it or not, I did not open it and drove home to open it with Mike and my parents. She is so beautiful and looks very healthy. Our agency has several children from the same orphanage and it will be so nice to travel together to get our girls.

We had some family and friends come to visit this weekend. It was wonderful and we even got to see the shuttle launch on Tuesday from the beach. We have to say that we are so fortunate to have such great family and awesome friends. The calls and emails that we have received has been overwhelming. You really get to know who in your life is important!

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE!

1 comment:

Goat said...

Congratulations, prayers and best of wishes.