Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Can someone tell me
where has my little girl gone??
this picture was taken Sunday at a birthday party. She looks so grown up in this shot and it made me realize how much she has blossomed. I can't believe that this August will be"3" years since we have been home from China. Many people say that a person's make up and personality stem from genetics and environment, I firmly believe that environment has a great part of a person's make up. I laugh sometimes when I see her do things that remind me of Mike or when she says things that sounds just like something I would say. She loves animals and is fascinated by any creature. Mike and Mia can spend an evening looking at gecko's and finding tree frogs. They love to catch grasshoppers and when Mike finds a beetle in the pool he scoops it out and puts it in a jar for her to admire for a while. She always reminds him to let them go so they can be with their Mommy and Daddy! When we are doing something special she says to me, "Mommy, did you have fun?" and when I say yes she asks, "What was your favorite part?"

1 comment:

Lori Lynn said...

Mia is so sweet! She still looks like a baby to me. I think environment has a lot to do with upbringing, but personality affects which things are absorbed. Both my daughters sound just like me. One picks up on all the positive aspects and one has picked up many of my flaws.

Lori W