Thursday, August 09, 2007


1 year ago today!


We were arriving in China to meet up with the rest of our travel companions to do a mini tour of Beijing before heading to be united with our daughters.I had been frantically packing and rechecking list after list from medication, to cash, to important documents. The thought of not knowing if I brought enough diapers, medications,the correct size clothes for Mia, etc. kept me awake at night at times. Is my luggage to heavy? WHHOOO! We were nervous about the quality of the cash to bring (China wants new bills), Did we bring enough cash? Do they take American Express?. I drove my bank crazy! In the end, we were very prepared and we enjoyed every minute of it, however; after 18 days living out of a suitcase and 7 flights later we were back on US soil with our beautiful daughter Mia. Thinking back to that time gives me butterflies. Having Mia in our lives has been so much more than we expected. I remember everything as if it was yesterday. I remember opening the Fed-Ex package and seeing her picture for the first time and just breaking out in tears, hugging Mike and my parents. Anyone who personally knows Mike or I, knows what this little girl means to us and knows we waited a long time for her. Our lives are so much richer and not all things are taken for granted anymore. We definately don't sweat the small stuff anymore!

No comments: