Sunday, October 29, 2006

We have been home 2 months now and it seems like we have been a family a lifetime. Mia is learning so much and has said her first word, "BIRD". Our bird Marley squawks and sometimes whistles and she always points to her, when we ask her, Where's the bird? So oneday she said BIRD. She now says it when we are out and she sees birds fly by, it is so cute. She hates staying still and wants to go and go. We have to practically wrestle her to change her diaper or change her clothes. Her hair is finally long enough for a little clip, no pig tails yet but I managed to get a little clip in. I couldn't wait to be able to do that.
Mike is doing great in being Mr. Mom and Mia sure loves her daddy. They go to the park, read books and run errands. I love it when I arrive home and they are standing in the driveway and she recognizes me and starts smiling. There are times when Mike wants to pull his hair out, but one smile or giggle makes it totally worth it. I am enjoying my new job and the Monday thru Thursday thing is great.
My aunt's house is finally done and she is in town for the week, so we spent most of the weekend shopping and visiting. Mia loves to go out and see everything, she hangs her hands off the cart or stroller to touch everything and waves bye bye to everyone who stops to talk.

No comments: