Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Hello from the Far East. . .





Hi everyone, we finally made it! Believe it or not, we fared very well. The flight from LA to China was good, although the flight was 15 1/2 hours long, upgrading to business class definately made the difference. I slept about 6-8 hours and thats all I need. Mike slept on and off and we are doing great. Our day started at 4:15am, when my dad picked us up to take us to Orlando for our 7:30 flight. We arrived in LA at 9:30am and left for China at 11:50pm straight to Guangzhou and landed at 6:15am, caught a 8:30 am flight to Beijing and arrived in Beijing at 10am. We got a hotel room for the day in LA to hang out and have lunch. We were NOT about to stay in LAX the entire time. The air traffic controller in LAx had some problems we heard, but we were not affected, we had landed by then.


Our hotel is awesome, I posted some pics of our room. Today we have the day to ourselves to relax and unwind. We meet tonight around 7pm for dinner. I think there is about 8 people in our tour group. Only 4 of us from our adoption agency. We arrived about 11:30am China time. We crossed the international date line, so Tuesday the 8th did not even exist for us! Tommorow we are off to Tiananmen Square, The Forbidden City and an evening dinner Chinese Acrobatics show.

Mike and I just got back from a short walk outside around the hotel. Lots of shops and some grocery stores. We just got back with some water and it is really neat to see the grocery items they have. For instance, they have Lay's potato chips, but Barb-q meat and fish flavor. Needless to say we opted for the plain flavor.

Enjoy the pictures, only a couple days left til we have Mia. I am not sure if we get her the 14th or 15th. Once I know, I will let you guys know.



5 comments:

Tamra said...

I'm so excited for you!!!

Mom 2 six said...

How exciting.....can't wait till you get Mia !!

Tami said...

Thank you so much for the updates! We can't wait to see you with Mia!!!

Tami said...

we are all so excited for you, I can't tell you the emotions that you go thru the first time you hold your child whether they are your paternally or adoptive, I am especially happy becuase it could not have came at a better time or for any better two better. you have been put together for a reason, you waited so long, but it was becuase this was the child you were suppose to get, and you are the parents she deserved to have. the prayers of myself, Dave, Devin, Tori, Catherine, and Arthur are with the two of you and we look forward to your posts and look forward most to yours and Mia's safe return

Tami said...

the last post was not from Tami but from Charlotte, I couldn't sign on for some reason and wanted you to know we werre happy for you